I’ve done it… I fuckin’ did it… the most powerful tool in tasty technology since goat cheese dude… oh my god fast/easy/NOM chili. It’s an invention, and it makes nonstop deliciousness possible. THINK ABOUT IT MAN!!
Ok, sorry. I’m done. Anyways, yes. I have mastered my mom’s easy-peasy chili recipe. After several tweaks and twizzles, I have finally received an A grade from my Dominican boo (that makes it legit, right??!)
I inhaled this stuff when I was a kid. However, the first time I made it as an adult I realized just how much my mom does not like spicy food. In reality it was a bland base, but a base nonetheless! Plenty of room for… erm…enhancement! Like a dummy though, every time I made it the past few years I forgot (read: I like to drink wine while I cook…) to write down the changes I made; thus, no batch was guaranteed to be consistently amaze-balls. Until now!
Because I love you and I want you to have a happy mouth all the time, I have decided to share:
You will need!
1) a big pot
2) 1 – 1.25 lb ground turkey (that’s right, TURK! Keep reading, just trust me)
3) 1 yellow onion
4) approx 1/2 of a green bell pepper
5) 2 ears of corn, fresh not frozen dammit!
6) 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
7) 2 cans condensed tomato soup
8) some chicken stock for cushion (eeeh… like 1 cup max)
For the seasonin’ part, you will need:
1) 2.5 tbsp chili powder
2) 1 tbs cumin
3) approx 2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
4) 1 – 1.5 tsp cayenne pepper (I like mah chili on the spicy side, so it’s up to you; you can drastically reduce the cayenne or cut it out entirely, although I will judge you… but only slightly, only slightly)
5) a dash, a DASH! of cinnamon
6) 1.5 tbs flour
7) 4 tbs water
Mk, here we go:
Current Jam: “The Man I Killed” NOFX